About U.S. Travel
Careers & U.S. Travel
The U.S. Travel Association is a dynamic, mission-driven association committed to increasing travel to and within the United States. U.S. Travel offers excellent benefits and a friendly, supportive environment where individual contributions are highly valued. The office is conveniently located near Metro Center in downtown Washington, D.C.
U.S. Travel is currently seeking candidates for the following positions:
This position is responsible for the day-to-day operation of media activities for the U.S. Travel Association and its senior leadership, driving and sourcing daily opportunities to enter the news cycle. It is further tasked with disseminating relevant industry information to stakeholders and influencers.
- Positioning travel's economic contributions and the association's advocacy efforts both proactively and reactively in the media and through other communication channels;
- Building and expanding relations with the national, political, and trade media;
- Providing direction and leadership to internal media relations personnel and outside consultants;
- Crafting timely and compelling press statements and releases for distribution to media and stakeholders;
- Addressing critical industry issues through multi-platform communications;
- Helping create innovative strategies to ensure that the voice of the U.S. travel industry is heard on a broad range of domestic and international issues.
The position also plays a central role in management of U.S. Travel's multi-year Travel Effect campaign, leading efforts to draw consumer and trade media awareness to the benefits of travel. In addition to the above responsibilities the individual selected will also develop, as appropriate, outreach strategies to targeted sectors, to ensure that U.S. Travel is recognized as the authoritative source of research, education and advocacy for the travel industry.
The ideal candidate will bring a high level of interpersonal savvy to the role, able to build relationships and easily communicate with internal and external audiences. A Bachelor's degree is required and an advanced degree in Communications or related field would be considered an asset. Excellent written and oral communications skills are absolutely essential and written samples will be required. Seven to ten years' work experience in the fields of communications and/or public relations is desired. Prospective candidates should submit resume and cover letter to Karen Reinhard.
The U.S. Travel Association seeks to fill a new position as Director of Government Relations to expand its dynamic government affairs team based in Washington, DC. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree and advanced degree in public policy or related field and a minimum of six years professional experience in the U.S. Congress, federal agencies and/or government relations, with superb written and verbal communications skills.
An ideal candidate for this position:
- Understands the legislative process and demonstrates good political instincts;
- Has experience with U.S. Travel's international & domestic agenda, fromborder security and visa policy, to transportation infrastructure and emergency preparedness;
- Demonstrates strong work ethic, as team player and self-starter; and
- Can juggle demands that alternatively require research/writing and people skills.
Among other responsibilities the new Director of Government Relations will:
- Help conceive and implement U.S. Travel Association policy positions;
- Develop related congressional and agency testimony;
- Advocate for that agenda before the Congress and federal agencies;
- Monitor, attend and report on relevant hearings, briefings and meetings;
- Collaborate on research, press, grassroots and other team initiatives;
- Respond to needs of U.S. Travel members, including on unique or sector-specific demands;
- Work with outside stakeholders – including consultants, travel industry lobbyists;
- Develop/maintain relationships with key associations, think tanks and non-profits;
- Attend PAC events and other political & industry functions; and
- Represent U.S. Travel at public briefings, roundtables, conferences & workshops.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by emailing cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prospective candidates should submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com