About U.S. Travel
Careers & U.S. Travel
The U.S. Travel Association is a dynamic, mission-driven association committed to increasing travel to and within the United States. In 2015, the Washington Post ranked U.S. Travel as one of greater Washington’s Top Workplaces, recognizing the association’s leadership, pay and benefit practices, and work-life balance.
U.S. Travel offers excellent benefits and a friendly, supportive environment where individual contributions are highly valued and the collective goals of 1,300-plus member organizations are advanced. U.S. Travel seeks staff who are committed to creating excellent work and contributing to a positive workplace culture. The office is conveniently located near Metro Center in downtown Washington, D.C.
Currently, U.S. Travel is hiring for the following positions:
This position is responsible for creatively advancing the messaging of the U.S. Travel Association across multiple platforms, with a primary focus on reaching members and other stakeholders. Excellent writing and editing skills are essential to this role. Should further be skilled in video production/digital storytelling, as well as social media.
- Develop core messaging for executive speech materials (talking points, PowerPoint presentations, etc.);
- Compose member and industry communications (traditional, digital, social, etc.) and develop accompanying resources and shareable content to amplify message;
- Assist with management of audio-visual needs at select U.S. Travel events;
- Facilitate video media projects—from developing creative vision to managing editing/production process to leveraging effective distribution platforms;
- Curate online content on various websites;
- Write, proof, edit and publish various organizational communications, including website content, newsletters, email marketing, etc., ensuring stylistic consistency and accuracy across departments; and
- Coordinate with communications team, greater public affairs team and other departments across organization.
The ideal candidate will be a natural collaborator with interpersonal savvy to the role, able to build relationships and easily communicate with internal and external audiences. Superior project management and organization skills required. Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short-term deliverables with long-term strategic initiatives. The position reports to the Director, Industry Communications.
- 3-5 years professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree required: Communications, PR, Marketing, Media Studies preferred or appropriate work experience
- Pro-active learner and self-starter
- Exceptional writing and editorial skills; confident communicator (written and oral)
- Adobe Creative Suite fluency
- Basic HTML proficiency
- Basic video editing/production proficiency
- Knowledge or experience within travel industry a plus
All interested applicants please submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Manager, Industry Communications in the subject line.
Top trade association seeks Manager, Editorial Services to produce strong copy for a variety of written products and online content, primarily related to association’s fast-paced Public Affairs Department. The U.S. Travel Association was named among the most effective trade associations in Washington in a 2013 survey (and selected No. 1 in media relations) and ranked one of the Washington Post’s Top Workplaces in 2015.
This position will:
- Draft news releases, op-eds, web content, talking points and related products
- Provide writing, editing and proofreading support for all aspects of U.S. Travel’s public affairs agenda, including products used for both industry and media outreach
- Assume primary responsibility for preparing several periodic Government Relations Department written products, including fact sheets and Capitol Hill communiqués
- Assist Senior Vice President for Communications and Senior Director of Strategic Communications with direct outreach to journalists and industry assets as needed
Successful applicant will possess:
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in a political, association, think tank or journalism setting and bachelor’s degree in related field
- Demonstrated ability to quickly distill complex policy issues into succinct, lively, persuasive copy across an array of media formats
- Flawless proofreading skills and a superior command of AP style
- Strong working knowledge of the U.S. political process and national news media
- A background in the travel industry or travel-related issues a plus
All interested applicants please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Manager, Editorial Services in the subject line.