International Travel Promotion Toolkit
Resources for the Enactment of International Travel Promotion
President Obama has signed into law the first-ever national travel promotion and communications program to attract more international travelers to the U.S. The toolkit of resources provides useful templates for crafting messages to your local media and expressing thanks to policymakers in the House and Senate who helped make TPA a reality.
- Press Release: President Obama Signs Travel Promotion Act
- Corporation for Travel Promotion: Implementation Scenario
- Key Messages
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Sample Press Release
- Ideas to Localize Benefits
- Ideas for Local Press Events for Members of Congress and other Leaders
- Sample Media Advisory for Press Event
- Sample Letter to the Editor (General)
- Sample Letter to the Editor (Thank Member of Congress)
- Sample Opinion Piece
- Sample Newsletter Copy
Click here to view the final tally from the Senate's February 2010 vote on the Travel Promotion Act.
Click here to view the final tally from the House of Representatives' October 2009 vote on the Travel Promotion Act.