The first webinar in the Research POV webinar series covered tools and resources available to states and destinations to justify and defend marketing budgets.
The following was covered during the webinar:
- Existing materials available through the Power of Travel Promotion Toolkit, as well as next steps to enhance the report in 2018.
- Overview of a new interactive resource, the Travel Economic Impact Calculator, which shows the impact of a change in travel spending on the state and national economy.
- Reminder of key U.S. Travel economic impact data, factsheets and talking points.
- Highlights from a new report from the Destinations Council conducted by Civitas: "A Study of Lodging Charges and the Allocation of Revenues from Taxes and Assessments on Lodging."
- Examples of effective ways to garner support and convince elected officials of the importance of continually investing in tourism promotion.
Access the full webinar recording.