The CARES Act, the largest economic relief package in our nation’s history, was signed into law on March 27 and includes major provisions U.S. Travel fought for to deliver economic support to travel businesses, travel workers and their families.
- Updated: U.S. Travel Phase 4 Legislative Priorities (July 17)
- Read More: U.S. Travel Summary of the Paycheck Protection Program Increase Act of 2020 (updated April 21)
- Research: The Great Travel Depression Fact Sheet (May 19)
On June 24, the Department of Treasury released a Coronavirus Relief Fund FAQ which clarifies that state and local governments may provide CRF funds to destination marketing organizations to re-market convention facilities and the tourism industry.
What Assistance Are You Eligible For?
Reference our Guide to CARES Act Eligibility to navigate which part of the CARES Act applies to your organization.
Updated: Looking for more information for a 501(c)(6) organization? CLICK HERE
HOW MUCH IS OFFERED AND HOW CAN YOU APPLY?
Once you determine your eligibility, reference our fact sheets that provide detail on the funding programs.
- Application for Borrowers
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Instructions and Application (May 15)
- SBA Overview
- Treasury Overview for Small Businesses
- PPP Fact Sheet for Borrowers
- How to Calculate Loan Amounts
- Treasury Paycheck Protection Program FAQ
- FAQ For Lenders and Borrowers
- Information on Disbursements
- Find An Eligible PPP Lender Near You
- Municipal Liquidity Facility Overview
- Federal Reserve: Municipal Liquidity Facility FAQ
- Main Street Lending Program Overview
- Federal Reserve: Main Street Lending Program FAQ
- Corporate Credit Facility Overview
- Federal Reserve: Corporate Credit Facility FAQ
- Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF) Grants
- Detailed Guidance | Coronavirus Relief Fund
- Treasury: Coronavirus Relief Fund Webpage
- Treasury: Coronavirus Relief Fund FAQ (September 2)
- U.S. Travel Webinar: Tips for Accessing and Using the CRF
- Economic Development Administration (EDA) Grants
- Community Development Block Grants
- Airport Grants
- NEW: Guide to Payroll Tax Relief
- Section-by-Section Summary of Business Tax Provisions
- General Coronavirus-Related Tax Benefits
- IRS: Payroll Tax Deferral FAQ
- IRS: Employee Retention Credit FAQ
- Sen. Chuck Grassley: Employee Retention Credit FAQ
- Information on Payroll Tax Relief from the IRS will be posted here when available
- Find Out What Benefits are Available in Your State
- Coronavirus Resources from the Department of Labor
- Short-Time Compensation Programs
- Unemployment Provisions from the CARES Act
- Unemployment Insurance
- Paid Leave Benefits
Click here to find lenders available by state and region from the Small Business Administration.
WEBINAR: U.S. Travel and Destinations International hosted a webinar featuring three EDA representatives to share more information about EDA grants, including who qualifies, how to apply, what kinds of projects will be funded and more. Click to watch the recording and view the slides here.
WEBINAR: Alejandro Contreras, director of preparedness, communication and coordination at the Small Business Administration (SBA) joined U.S. Travel's government relations team on Tuesday April 28, for a webinar breaking down relief options that are available for DMOs. You can watch the full recording or review the slide deck.
WEBINAR: On Thursday April 9, U.S. Travel's government relations team hosted a webinar for DMOs on how to navigate the CARES Act.
WEBINAR: On Monday March 30, U.S. Travel's government relations team hosted a webinar detailing what the CARES Act means for the travel industry. You can watch the full recording or review the slide deck.
Page last updated July 7, 2020
Images and Graphics
Tori Emerson Barnes
EVP, Public Affairs and Policy
VP, Government Relations
Senior Director, Government Relations