Since the coronavirus outbreak began, U.S. Travel has created a host of resources that destinations can leverage. The below research, policy proposals and CARES Act resources contain state-specific data as well as relief options that DMOs, CVBs and political subdivisions can take advantage of both today and in the coming weeks. We will update this page and add more information as it becomes available.
U.S. Travel regularly compiles real-time data and insights on the impact of the coronavirus on destinations across the country, as well as information on traveler sentiment and trends.
- Weekly Analysis: Tourism Economics has a week by week outlook on travel spending in the U.S. including a look at regional and state-by-state breakdown. View the July 23 report.
- Tracking Search and Booking Behavior: Follow travel-related consumer behavior and strategize how to adapt to changing trends with ADARA’s real-time data. Updated daily
- Daily Trends Tracker by Car: The Daily Travel Index from Arrivalist measures consumer road trips of 50 miles or more by residents from all 50 states. Updated approximately every 48 hours
- Impact of Coronavirus on Travel Intentions: MMGY’s new survey tracks traveler sentiment and looks at impact on travel with regard to planning, booking and cancellations, as well as intention to travel over the next six months. View the July 2020 findings.
- Tracking Traveler Sentiment : Longwoods International is monitoring key findings on traveler sentiment around coronavirus to better navigate the current travel environment each week. Highlights from the July 8 survey.
- Insights into Americans + Travel: This weekly survey by Destinations Analysts tracks key consumer perceptions, attitudes and behaviors of American business and leisure travelers. Key findings from July 20
- Impact of COVID-19 on Destination Marketing Web Traffic: Simpleview's dashboard looks at data for 200 DMO websites, providing a way to benchmark your website metrics to the industry as a whole. The dashboard is updated daily. Other industry resources can be found on Simpleview's COVID-19 resources page.
- Travel Depression: New analysis reveals that while : overall travel industry unemployment is 51%—twice the unemployment of the worst year of the Great Depression. View the full fact sheet and sample social messaging.
- DMOs Impact: U.S. Travel published data displaying the economic impact if all DMOs went out of business. View full fact sheet.
U.S. Travel has created guides for destinations to determine their eligibility for CARES Act relief options and how they can apply.
- Community Development Block Grants: Please use our industry stats to fill in the following customizable letters, which you can send your nearest state and local CDBG administrator (recipient)
- Templates for Media Outreach
- CARES Act Relief Eligibility Guide
- Updated: Relief Resources for 501(c)(6) Nonprofits
- CARES Act Frequently Asked Questions
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Guide for Travel Businesses
- Exchange Stabilization Fund (ESF) Guide for Travel Business
- Civitas Recovery Toolkit Funding Module
- Coraggio Group Destination Recovery Toolkit
- Webinar: Understanding Economic Development Administration Grants (June 3)
- NEW Webinar Series: Assessing Recovery Weekly Webinar Series
U.S. Travel continues to advocate aggressively for additional relief for DMOs and CVBs of all statuses and structures.
- Power of Travel Coalition Advocacy Toolkit
- NEW DMO Op-Ed Template for CARES 2.0 (July 28)
- U.S. Travel's Phase 4 Legislative Priorities (July 16)
- Playbook: Crisis Readiness and Response
U.S. Travel has created guidance for destinations to walk them through the steps of recovery.
- Industry Guidance for Promoting the Health and Safety of All Travelers
- Slides: Assessing the Recovery Timeline and Strategy
- Webinar: A Deeper Dive Into Evolving KPIs for DMOs Recording, Key Takeaways, and Q&A