Distinguished Travel Champion Awards
Honoring Outstanding Leadership in Congress
The Distinguished Travel Champion Award is an annual honor presented to four Members of Congress (one Democrat and one Republican, from both the U.S. Senate and the U.S. House of Representatives, respectively) for exhibiting outstanding leadership in Congress to enact policies that spur increased travel to and within the United States.
Awardees must demonstrate a track record of advancing a policy agenda that promotes travel's ability to create jobs and stimulate economic growth, as well as serve as a public spokesperson to further educate policymakers and government officials alike to raise the profile of travel nationally and in local communities.
It is with great appreciation that U.S. Travel recognizes the following individuals with the 2017 Distinguished Travel Champion Award:
- Sen. Cory Gardner (R-Colorado)
- Sen. Bill Nelson (D-Florida)
- Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Kentucky)
- Rep. Judy Chu (D-California)
For more information, please contact Michael Jacobson.
- Sen. Dean Heller (R-Nevada)
- Sen. Brian Schatz (D-Hawai’i)
- Rep. David Jolly (R-Florida)
- Rep. Dina Titus (D-Nevada)
- Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzker
- Sen. John Thune (R-South Dakota)
- Sen. Amy Klobuchar (R-Minnesota)
- Rep. Gus Bilirakis (R-Florida)
- Rep. Mike Quigley (D-Illinois)
- Sen. Mark Begich (D-Alaska)
- Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Missouri)
- Rep. Sam Farr (D-California)
- Rep. Joe Heck (R-Nevada)