The U.S. Travel Association is a dynamic, mission-driven association committed to increasing travel to and within the United States.
U.S. Travel offers excellent benefits and a friendly, supportive environment where individual contributions are highly valued and the collective goals of 1,200-plus member organizations are advanced. U.S. Travel seeks staff who are committed to creating excellent work and contributing to a positive workplace culture. The office is conveniently located near Metro Center in downtown Washington, D.C.
U.S. Travel is currently hiring.
Manager, Meeting and Exhibits
The U.S. Travel Association seeks a Manager, Meeting and Exhibits to join the Meeting and Event Services department. This individual will work as part of a 9-person team in the planning and execution of all logistical aspects for U.S. Travel's meetings and events. The association holds an annual tradeshow (IPW) of 6,000+ attendees (including exhibitor delegates) and 1,300 exhibits. The association also convenes approximately 8-10 smaller meetings and conferences ranging in size from 30-900 people.
The association is looking for an individual to oversee and grow our exhibit hall and assist with implementing other meetings throughout the year where needed. The individual will help develop and implement an exhibit sales strategy to meet annual revenue goals for IPW, including a structured strategy with promotions and other outreach. Additionally, this individual will assist with logistics on the Summer Board Meeting, Communications Advisory Meeting and other meetings as necessary or assigned.
- Oversee exhibit hall/exhibitor requirements, event floor management, booth assignments and assist with IPW booth space sales
- Liaison with IPW general contractor (Freeman) on all exhibitor services
- Responsible for Exhibitor email communications and registration
- Manage Exhibitor Appointed Contractor process
- Assist in development of budgets related to exhibits, and other meeting areas as needed
- Develop new revenue-generating opportunities to increase exhibit involvement
- Liaise with hotel/facility, sales, convention services, catering personnel, registration coordinator, and others as assigned
- Liaise with meeting attendees (members and non-members) in all aspects of association activities, but specifically concentrating on IPW show floor and meeting logistics for other meetings as assigned.
- Travel required for various meetings
- Proven track record of success in managing and growing an exhibit hall
- Knowledge of event/meeting planning processes including scheduling, programming and soliciting bids
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-oriented environment
- Bachelor's degree in a related field plus five to seven years of direct meeting planning and exhibit hall experience; experience must be in an association or meeting-related organization
- Excellent database management skills and knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience in the travel and tourism industry is an added plus
To apply submit your cover letter, resume and reference list to email@example.com with "Manager, Meeting and Exhibits" listed in the subject line.
Manager, National Council Relations and ESTO
U.S. Travel Association seeks a Manager, National Council Relations and ESTO to join the Membership and Industry Relations team. This individual is responsible for initiating and managing the daily activities of U.S. Association's National Council of Attractions and Experiences (NCAE) and support other council and coalition activities as needed. The incumbent will work with internal staff, boards and committees to accomplish outlined goals, which includes developing plans, timelines and strategies. The incumbent also prepares agendas, materials and provides meeting support as well as coordinates new member programs as they develop.
This role is also responsible for various aspects of Educational Seminar for Tourism Organizations (ESTO) programming and content development and works closely with the ESTO General Manager (GM), ESTO Planning Committee, host city and state representatives and internal Meeting and Events Services, Marketing and Communications teams.
- Manage the daily activities of the U.S. Travel's National Council of Attractions and Experiences (NCAE); support other councils and coalitions as needed.
- Strategically work with NCAE Board of Advisors to develop their program of work, execute the plan, timeline and strategies to reach council's goals.
- Work with internal staff, council board members and committees/task forces to accomplish outlined goals.
- Work with GM and planning committee to develop ESTO content.
- Manage online speaker system and ESTO website development and updates.
- Manage the development of the on-site program, working closely with marketing and councils team to develop.
- Provide on-site logistical support for ESTO as needed.
- Provide support to other efforts and projects as directed.
- Travel to events as required.
- Proven work experience with project management responsibilities.
- Deliver internal and external written and oral communications effectively.
- Ability to assist with business development leads and provide strategic planning input.
- Possess the interpersonal skills to develop and foster strong internal and external working relationships.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with strong attention to detail.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field plus three-five years of work experience, preferably in the travel industry or trade association.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite is preferred.
To apply submit your cover letter, resume and reference list to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Manager, National Council Relations and ESTO" listed in the subject line.