The U.S. Travel Association is a dynamic, mission-driven association committed to increasing travel to and within the United States.
U.S. Travel offers excellent benefits and a friendly, supportive environment where individual contributions are highly valued and the collective goals of 1,100-plus member organizations are advanced. U.S. Travel seeks staff who are committed to creating excellent work and contributing to a positive workplace culture. The office is conveniently located near Metro Center in downtown Washington, D.C.
Coordinator, Marketing and Industry Communications
The U.S. Travel Association seeks a Coordinator, Marketing and Industry Communications. This position is responsible for supporting the Marketing and Industry Communications team, primarily in message distribution to multiple audience segments across multiple platforms, in additional to general support across team functions. U.S. Travel Association is a winner of multiple “Best of” awards for its communications and marketing practices and the incumbent is responsible for contributing to the advancement of these efforts.
- Help proofread executive presentations, website content, promotional emails and reports, and other projects as assigned, ensuring stylistic consistency and accuracy.
- Support the development of U.S. Travel executive-level presentations for external events, as needed.
- Support document production across the organization to include ensuring all materials are up-to-date, working closely with internal stakeholders from conception to approval.
- Support the design team in making edits to documents. Assist with other minor design-focused tasks as needed.
- Assist with editing, HTML coding (when applicable) and publishing/distributing internal- and external-facing communications.
- Maintain content library through Dropbox and Vimeo including images, video and b-roll, event materials, etc.
- Provide overall support for all event marketing tasks as assigned. Tasks may include social media scheduling and crafting, developing photography shot lists, website updates and more for U.S. Travel’s signature events and board meetings.
- Support onsite audio-visual personnel at select U.S. Travel events, such as the Communications Advisory Committee.
- Oversee the creation of event surveys, working closely with the research team and internal event owners.
- Support the Manager, Marketing and Production in the oversight of all printed collateral and products, working closely with external vendors to meet quality and efficiency standards.
- Support U.S. Travel’s Manager, Digital Communications with social listening, content development, influencer audits, editorial calendar and social networks maintenance, as well as with website content.
- Manage ad trafficking for IPW Daily, the official publication for IPW.
- Source and order event awards and other association products, as needed.
- Support the planning and execution of industry activations, including National Plan for Vacation Day and National Travel and Tourism Week.
- Provide overall administration support to the Marketing & Industry Communications team with regard to scheduling, invoicing, and managing the vendor relationships for annual subscriptions (i.e. Basecamp and Getty).
- Support U.S. Travel’s VP of Marketing & Industry Communications on special projects as needed.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to craft messages that attract attention and drive engagement, tailored for a variety of formats and audiences.
- Delivers what is promised with accuracy and efficiency in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Ability to embrace a high-performance/high-productivity environment.
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work against tight deadlines.
- Must possess a positive and proactive attitude along with excellent communication skills.
- Self-initiated with a strong work ethic.
- Shows intellectual curiosity in every task they are asked to perform.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field, and a minimum of two years of related professional experience.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud programs, particularly Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and In Design.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and PowerPoint, and displays basic proficiency in Excel.
- Knowledge of AP Style.
- Knowledge and familiarity with best practices for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Familiarity with HTML and responsive web design software.
- Familiarity with Google Drive, Dropbox and Slack
- Familiarity with Agorapulse, Tweetdeck, Hootesuite, Cision, Stackla, Google Analytics and other social media monitoring and tracking programs a plus.
To apply submit your cover letter, resume and reference list to email@example.com with “Coordinator, Marketing and Industry Communications” listed in the subject line.