Save the date: It's time to begin preparing for next year's #GMID2023 activation! Future GMID celebrations are set for:
- March 30, 2023
- April 11, 2024
- April 3, 2025
The #GMID2023 theme is #MeetingsMatter. Following years of canceled in-person meetings, the global meetings and events industry will come together on March 30, 2023 to celebrate Global Meetings Industry Day and showcase why #MeetingsMatter to attendees, organizations, communities, businesses and our economy.
Last year's activation: An incredible success
On April 7, 2022, the industry came together to celebrate Global Meetings Industry Day (GMID)—an international day of advocacy showcasing the undeniable value that business meetings, trade shows, incentive travel, exhibitions, conferences and conventions bring to people, businesses and communities.
This year's activation broke records—garnering more than 40 million impressions worldwide and reaching more than 8.5 million users across the globe.
In addition, we saw GMID events take place in 30 countries throughout the world—bringing colleagues together to remind them of the benefits of in-person meetings.
A huge THANK YOU to the industry—we couldn’t have done it without you.
NEW: Professional Meetings and Events Partnership Program by CLEAR
In an effort to accelerate the return of large meetings and events all over the country and enable a secure and seamless meeting experience, CLEAR is offering exclusive pricing to members of select industry associations and organizations to assist with industry-wide adoption of a consistent approach to health monitoring across the meetings industry.
CLEAR Health Pass provides employees and attendees with a seamless way to upload proof of vaccination, negative COVID-19 tests, or fill out health surveys, enabling a secure and safe return to in-person meetings and events. Complete participation details will be available in the GMID toolkit. Learn more.
Thousands across the country and around the world came together in-person and virtually to celebrate #GMID2022. Here are just a few examples:
- MPI: Global Meetings Industry Day 12-Hour Broadcast
- MPI North Florida Chapter: Greater Orlando Global Meetings Industry Day 2022
- PCMA Capital Chapter: Global Meetings Industry Day in D.C.
- PCMA Greater Philadelphia Chapter: Global Meetings Industry Day at the Pennsylvania Convention Center
- PCMA New England: Global Meetings Industry Day at Fenway Park
- PCMA Vancouver: Global Meetings Industry Day at the Vancouver Convention Center
- North Carolina Travel Industry Association: Global Meetings Industry Day at the Charlotte Convention Center
- ILEA International Northern California Chapter: Global Meetings Industry Day at the Westin in San Francisco
- MPI Greater Edmonton Chapter: GMID Breakfast Event in Edmonton
- Visit Dallas: Global Meetings Industry Day at Omni Dallas Downtown
- Consejo Mexicano de la Industria de Reuniones: GMID Mexico
- MPI Minnesota Chapter: Global Meetings Industry Day at Delta Hotels Minneapolis Northeast
- Hospitality Today Live in Arizona: All-Day Live Broadcast
- Oviedo Congresos: GMID Event in Galapagar, Spain
- West Palm Beach: The Palm Beaches Global Meetings Industry Day 2022: Meeting Today to Inspire Change for a More Sustainable Tomorrow
- Rocket City Alabama Chapter of SGMP: Monthly Meeting - #GMID2022
- Visit the Woodlands: Global Meetings Industry Day at Imagen Venues
- Marriott Hotels of Costa Rica: Global Meetings Industry Day Conference and Reception
- Marriott Hollywood Beach: Rental & Staging Network Spring Member Meeting
- National Celebration of World Meetings Industry Day GMID 2022: Gala Vistula Compasses in Poland
- JW Marriott Sao Paulo Brazil: GMID Cocktail Party, Breakfast celebration with Rio Convention Bureau
- Sheraton Santiago, Chile: GMID Cocktail Party at Bohio Restaurant
- Nashville: GMID GPS Tradeshow with Marriott
- GMID Meeting Planners Lunch: JW Marriott, Santo Domingo
- JW Marriott Lima: Event Producers Lunch
- Expo Guadalajara: GMID Event with Comir, Secturjal, Expo GDL and OFVC
- W Hotel Panama: Wine and Cheese Event
- AC Hotel Guatemala: GMID Celebration - Forum on Sustainability and Current Events
- Sheraton Asuncion Hotel: RIO APA GMID Event
- Courtyard Escazu: GMID Event with Marriott Hotels of Costa Rica, GSO, SITE and Costa Rica Convention Bureau
- Sheraton Puerto Rico: GMID Cocktail Event
- JW Marriott Cancun: "Glad We Could Meet Again"
- JW Marritt Bogota: GMID MICE Panel
- Sheraton Buenos Aires: Meeting Planner Cocktail Reception
- MPI UK and Ireland: The Ins and Outs of Face to Face with CommuniTEA
- MPI Japan: Hybrid GMID at Tokyo Edition
- MICE Africa: Summit Discussion
Vice President, Marketing and Industry Communications