Congress has an opportunity to renew Brand USA this year—a program that has proven to boost U.S. jobs and the economy without costing taxpayers a dime.
Global travelers have many choices and we want them to choose America. Ensuring Brand USA’s reauthorization ensures the U.S. continues to welcome inbound travelers by staying competitive with other destinations around the world.
But more work remains to be done and we are calling on our membership and the travel industry to act now.
Call your members of Congress and urge them to tell their chamber's leadership to include Brand USA renewal in must-pass legislation this year.
- For members of Congress in the House, this means telling your representative(s) to urge Speaker Pelosi and Minority Leader McCarthyto include Brand USA reauthorization in their end of year funding package.
- For members of Congress in the Senate, this means telling your senator(s) to urge Majority Leader McConnell and Minority Leader Schumer to include Brand USA reauthorization in their end of year funding package.
Here are three more ways to get involved:
- Send an Action Alert to your representative and your senator encouraging them to co-sponsor H.R. 3851 or S. 2203, demonstrate the importance of Brand USA to their committee leadership, and renew Brand USA this year.
- Write an op-ed for your local newspaper touting the benefits Brand USA delivers to your community. Find examples below and reference our sample op-ed as you draft yours.
- Engage on social media using the hashtag #RenewBrandUSA to both encourage your member(s) of Congress and join the conversation on the importance of this program. Our social media guide can get you started.
If you have plans to meet with your member of Congress, reference our talking points for key messages, stats and asks.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT BRAND USA
Brand USA partners with more than 900 local destination marketing organizations, benefiting every state in the U.S. Learn more about how Brand USA works for all of America in the op-eds below:
Observer | Democratic Debates Should Focus on Issues Important to Rural Americans
The Hill | Congress Must Act to Continue Attracting International Travelers to America
Politico | No Brand USA? Fewer Global Travelers Will Buy American
CNN | Why Trump Shouldn't Kill Brand USA
CNN | Donald Trump Should Protect This Hidden Export
The Downey Pilot | California Should Continue to Invest in Programs that Spur Job Creation
Times of San Diego | Promotion of San Diego to International Visitors is Serious Business
Our Weekly | International Tourism Thrives In California Thanks to Brand USA
Norwalk Patriot | USMCA to boost U.S. economy, job market, and reduce trade deficit
Santa Monica Daily Press | Brand USA Is Vital to Santa Monica’s Economy