On Monday, the U.S. Travel Association will unveil a preview of its popular Daily Getaways program, which runs October 7 through November 5, the organization’s annual initiative to stimulate travel across America. Following a one-year hiatus due to the pandemic, the returning sale will feature exclusive deals from 10 major travel brands – including Choice Hotels, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG Hotels & Resorts, and Marriott International – offering discounts up to 50% off loyalty points and hotel stays.
“As leisure travel ramps up in the United States, U.S. Travel is encouraging Americans to make plans with Daily Getaways’ exclusive offers,” said Roger Dow, President and CEO of the U.S. Travel Association. “Over the next six months, as many as nine in 10 American travelers have a leisure getaway or vacation in their plans. Daily Getaways will help spur more travel and provide flexibility through point purchases, in particular.”
Since its inception, Daily Getaways has offered travelers access to deals from top travel brands in a one-stop, once-a-year marketplace, with deep discounts on points from top loyalty programs. The landscape of loyalty programs has changed over the past 18 months, with many programs extending their expirations to the end of this year or into 2022. For some, Daily Getaways comes at a time when customers may need to use points before they expire; for others, it’s an opportunity to bank even more points for when they are ready to travel in the months ahead.
According to STR, Average Daily Rates (ADR) for the week ending September 18 were nearly back to 2019 levels nationally. For the the luxury chain category in particular, where points are commonly applied, ADR was 7.4% above 2019 levels, further underscoring that increased ADR makes discounted points a smart purchase.
The following is a breakdown of how travelers can view and purchase the deals:
- Deals Preview: Starting Monday, U.S. Travel begins previewing the first two weeks of Daily Getaways deals online, allowing travelers to sign up for reminders when the deals go live.
- Daily Deals: A limited number of offers will be available for online purchase each weekday beginning Thursday, October 7, 2021, at 1 p.m. EDT until November 5, or until supplies last.
- Deals Platform: To preview and later purchase the deals, consumers can visit DailyGetaways.com. Travelers can also sign up for daily alerts to be reminded of deals that interest them in order to log on early before limited quantities sell out.
Travelers can look forward to the following travel opportunities from Daily Getaways:
- Hotel rewards through discounted hotel loyalty points: Loyalty program points will be on sale from top hotel brands, including Choice Privileges, Hilton Honors, IHG Rewards, Best Western Rewards, World of Hyatt and Wyndham Rewards.
- Overnight escapes with hotel packages: Discounted stays and electronic gift cards from Accor Hotels, Marriott International, Sands and Omni Hotels & Resorts in U.S. destinations like Washington, D.C., San Juan, Puerto Rico, and New York City.
U.S. Travel Association is the national, non-profit organization representing all components of the travel industry. In 2020, travel generated $1.5 trillion in economic output and supported 11 million jobs, a drastic decline from pre-pandemic figures. U.S. Travel's mission is to increase travel to and within the United States. Visit ustravel.org for information and recovery-related data.