The Destinations Council, as part of the U.S. Travel Association, represents more than 350 destination marketing organization (DMO) and convention and visitor bureau (CVB) members and helps them be more effective by providing research, resources and education in a peer-driven format.
The Destinations Council connects DMOs and CVBs and supports U.S. Travel in its national grassroots advocacy efforts. Educating, engaging and providing resources for members is the primary purpose for the council and the board of advisors meet several times throughout the year to drive the council’s initiatives.
As a U.S. Travel member, any destination marketing organization can participate in the Destinations Council community and reap the benefits.
- Exchanging best practices and learning from peers at ESTO, the nation’s leading educational and networking event for destination marketing professionals, by attending the Destinations Council’s annual meeting and peer open forum sessions to share best practices.
- Participating in valuable U.S. Travel webinars all year-long, sharing the latest in destination marketing and research.
- Holding a rally or event during National Travel and Tourism Week, the annual salute to travel and tourism in America.
- Attending IPW, the industry’s premier international marketplace and the largest generator of travel to the U.S., and learning from associates at the IPW marketing session.
- Creating a one-of-a-kind mentorship program, the Emerging Leaders Program, aimed at providing developing professionals enhanced opportunities to grow leadership skills and advance their careers in the travel industry.
- Providing resources to destination marketing leaders to help them recruit talented team members and be more effective overall.