In an effort to provide a holistic analysis on consumer travel, each quarter we’ll bring together results from our Ipsos Consumer Survey and Business Travel Tracker. These quarterly insights provide a more in-depth look at consumer priorities, travel expectations, behavior and shifts in traveler trends, all within the context of an evolving macroeconomic environment.
Ipsos Consumer Survey
The Ipsos Consumer Survey aims to better understand near-term expectations and identify pain points keeping travelers at home or traveling less frequently that need to be addressed to create a more seamless and secure end-to-end travel experience.
Business Travel Tracker
In partnership with JD Power and Tourism Economics, U.S. Travel’s Business Travel Tracker monitors the importance of business travel as well as current activity and near-term expectations.
Latest Insights Include:
- Just over half of all Americans (53%) and 81% of leisure travelers have travel planned in the next six months.
- Over half of Americans (52%) say they would travel more for leisure in the next six months if the travel experience was not as much of a hassle, significantly more than Q1 (29%).
- A majority of recent air travelers (55%) want Congress to prioritize improvements to the air travel experience.
- Nearly two-thirds of recent air travelers (65%) are willing to share biometric information with TSA if it reduced the airport security process by 20 minutes.
- More than eight in 10 business travelers have plans to travel in the next six months.
- While more than eight in 10 executives agree that business travel is essential to company operations, seven in 10 decision makers expect business travel spending in the next six months to be less than last year for all types.
- Of the 43% of organizations with policies in place restricting business travel, executives have increased policies around spending limits and more strictly evaluating the purpose of travel and who travels.
Ultimately, these quarterly findings will help drive policy changes and garner media attention in an effort to modernize our travel systems, maximize security and efficiency for a more seamless travel experience and fuel our industry’s continued growth.
Become a member to access.