Quarterly Consumer Insights
REPORT May 18, 2023
In an effort to provide a holistic analysis on consumer travel, each quarter we’ll bring together results from our Ipsos Consumer Survey and Business Travel Tracker. These quarterly insights provide a more in-depth look at consumer priorities, travel expectations, behavior and shifts in traveler trends, all within the context of an evolving macroeconomic environment.
Ipsos Consumer Survey
The Ipsos Consumer Survey aims to better understand near-term expectations and identify pain points keeping travelers at home or traveling less frequently that need to be addressed to create a more seamless and secure end-to-end travel experience.
Business Travel Tracker
In partnership with JD Power and Tourism Economics, U.S. Travel’s Business Travel Tracker monitors the importance of business travel as well as current activity and near-term expectations.
Latest Insights Include:
- Just over half of all Americans (53%) and 81% of leisure travelers have travel planned in the next six months.
- Over half of Americans (52%) say they would travel more for leisure in the next six months if the travel experience was not as much of a hassle, significantly more than Q1 (29%).
- A majority of recent air travelers (55%) want Congress to prioritize improvements to the air travel experience.
- Nearly two-thirds of recent air travelers (65%) are willing to share biometric information with TSA if it reduced the airport security process by 20 minutes.
- Business travelers are expected to take more trips in the next six months as respondents highlight growing benefits from face-to-face meetings despite lingering cost constraints and company travel policies.
- Even though business travel spending is steadily increasing, budgets remain lower than 2019 levels for all types of business travel.
- More executives in Q4 consider business travel essential (81%) compared to earlier quarters.
Ultimately, these quarterly findings will help drive policy changes and garner media attention in an effort to modernize our travel systems, maximize security and efficiency for a more seamless travel experience and fuel our industry’s continued growth.
Become a member to access.