This position is responsible for reviewing, coding and inputing all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval into our accounting systems in preparation for payment. Responsibilities also include the preparation of schedules and reconciliations of accounts as they relate to duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process accounts payable invoices, employee expense reports, requests for advances and other disbursement related vouchers and requests for payment.
- Prepare vendor checks and other disbursements for processing including matching the check to the invoice, securing signatures and preparing the checks for mailing.
- Respond to inquiries regarding accounts payable; research and resolve any discrepancies and issues.
- Maintain vendor files including contact information, W-9s, electronic payment information, contracts, etc.
- Reconcile selected general ledger accounts and prepare adjusting general journal entries as related to duties, to assist in the month-end close.
- Maintain Fixed Assets database and monthly depreciation calculations.
- Teamwork: Demonstrating and promoting a spirit of cooperation within and outside work unit; working together toward a common goal; building good relationships with internal and outside work unit; building good relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Communication: Conveying written and oral communications effectively; negotiating and mediating effectively; sharing information; listening attentively, and responding appropriately.
- Initiative: Recognizing the need for action; confronting issues and taking appropriate action; pursuing an issue until the problem is solved.
- Developing Staff: Training, coaching and counseling others continually to improve; developing capabilities through formal and informal training and coaching; developing backup capabilities; helping direct reports in their pursuit of career goals.
- Problem Solving: Identifying problems affecting the work unit or U.S. Travel Association; taking early corrective action to avoid problems; generating new ideas and practical solutions.
- Leadership: (for Directors and Above) – Influencing and motivating others to achieve a common purpose; developing and maintaining an atmosphere of trust and cooperation; demonstrating behavior consistent with the expectations communicated to others.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or minimum of two years work experience in an Accounting related role
- Microsoft Excel experience preferred but not required
- Dynamics 365 Business Central is preferred but not required
To apply submit your cover letter, resume, and reference list to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please type “Accounts Payable Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.