Congressional meetings will take place between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, March 21, 2018. Soapbox Consulting will schedule all appointments on Capitol Hill for our Destination Capitol Hill participants. Registrants will be contacted directly by Soapbox to discuss business locations, congressional relationships, and key offices. These calls will help us make the best use of your time on Capitol Hill.
IMPORTANT: If you are planning to participate in Hill meetings, we advise you to register for Destination Capitol Hill as soon as possible. Soapbox will schedule your congressional meetings and provide a personalized schedule provided the registration is received in ample time prior to the event. It can sometimes take weeks to secure congressional appointments.
Please note the following:
- Please do not contact any legislative office directly regarding your appointments. We are coordinating a large number of meetings and want to keep confusion to a minimum. We are happy to answer any questions or concerns you might have regarding the event. Please call or email us with your questions.
- We will need your business and home address to correctly identify which representatives you should meet with. Please make sure you provide both addresses (including zip +4, if possible) on the registration form.
- If you have not “lobbied” before, do not worry. We will provide a full issue briefing and plenty of training and materials before you go to Capitol Hill.
- Everyone who will be participating in congressional meetings should plan to attend our Issue Briefing & Capitol Hill Preparation session. We will outline our current requests, distribute congressional schedules, and introduce you to others from your state who will be participating in your Capitol Hill meetings. It is essential that you attend even if you have been to Capitol Hill before.
- Because we only have a small window of opportunity for our congressional appointments, it is helpful if you make every attempt to stay in Washington, D.C., past 5:00 p.m. on the day of event. In-person meetings with your representatives are more likely to be scheduled late in the afternoon, and we do not want you to miss out on these opportunities.
- Finally, because congressional appointments can and do change up until the last minute, final schedules will not be available until the day before or the day of the event. Again, everyone who wishes to participate in our legislative meetings should plan to be available all day (past 5:00 p.m.) on that day, if at all possible.
Thank you for your participation and cooperation. We look forward to seeing you in Washington, D.C. In the meantime, if you have questions regarding the congressional meetings scheduling process, please contact Michael Jacobson at 202.408.2181.