The Let’s Go There Coalition is a broad collection of businesses and organizations that span practically every segment of the American travel industry.
These organizations have come together to address the extreme declines in travel related to the coronavirus pandemic, first by championing safety-first messaging through the #TravelConfidently campaign, and subsequently, by forging a plan to reignite American’s sense of wanderlust and inspire them to plan their next getaway, whenever the time is right to travel. The coalition is supported in executing its activities by the U.S. Travel Association.
The goal of the coalition is simple: when plans are made and eagerly anticipated, spirits are lifted and recovery will begin. It is the coalition’s belief that with the right messaging, demand for travel will resume and the travel industry will emerge from its deep economic depression.
An Industrywide Campaign
The Let’s Go There campaign will inspire Americans to do what is exciting, safe and productive: make plans to travel. Through a phased and layered approach, this integrated, multi-channel consumer campaign will fill the media ecosystem and create an echo chamber across the industry.
The coalition’s nationwide movement requires significant resources to support a robust paid media strategy, which will expand campaign reach through placement on various digital, broadcast, video and social platforms. The paid media strategy will be supported by significant efforts in earned media and owned-channel activation across industry organizations at key moments.
How to Support the Campaign
- The Let’s Go There Coalition will release a set of resources to support the campaign creative on your channels. We encourage you to post, share and distribute far and wide to ensure reach is as big as possible. Activating with these resources is at no cost and everyone’s participation is welcome. These resources are available in the Let's Go There toolkit.
- Funding the campaign will require a separate and significant effort. Specific branding and digital benefits are available at varying levels of financial contribution.
To inquire about investment levels, please contact email@example.com
The Let’s Go There Coalition will use 100% of contributions toward funding campaign expenses.
Together, Let’s Go There Coalition participants will:
- Trigger the emotional connection to travel that Americans are missing and inspire them to look forward again and find joy in the anticipation of travel.
- Remind Americans of the restorative power of optimism and anticipation of travel.
- Encourage Americans to take the first step and make travel plans.
- Take an active role in helping the recovery of our country.
To learn more about the campaign, please hear from Jen Zimmerman, global and chief strategy officer of mcgarrybowen.
Please reach out to Laura Holmberg (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional questions.