The CARES Act, the largest economic relief package in our nation’s history, was signed into law on March 27 and includes major provisions U.S. Travel fought for to deliver economic support to travel businesses, travel workers and their families.
- Updated: U.S. Travel Phase 4 Legislative Priorities (May 20)
- Read More: U.S. Travel Summary of the Paycheck Protection Program Increase Act of 2020 (updated April 21)
- Latest Research: The Great Travel Depression Fact Sheet (May 19)
What Assistance Are You Eligible For?
Reference our Guide to CARES Act Eligibility to navigate which part of the CARES Act applies to your organization.
Updated: Looking for more information for a 501(c)(6) organization? CLICK HERE
HOW MUCH IS OFFERED AND HOW CAN YOU APPLY?
Once you determine your eligibility, reference our fact sheets that provide detail on the funding programs.
- Application for Borrowers
- New: PPP Loan Forgiveness Instructions and Application (May 15)
- SBA Overview
- Treasury Overview for Small Businesses
- PPP Fact Sheet for Borrowers
- How to Calculate Loan Amounts
- Treasury Paycheck Protection Program FAQ
- FAQ For Lenders and Borrowers
- Interim Final Rule - Loan Forgiveness (May 22)
- Interim Final Rule - Borrower and Lender Responsibilities (May 22)
- Interim Final Rule - Requirements for Loan Increases for Partnerships or Seasonal Employers (May 14)
- Interim Final Rule - Extension of Limited Safe Harbor with Respect to Certification Concerning Need for PPP Loan Request (May 14)
- Information on Business Affiliation (April 3)
- Information on Disbursements
- Find An Eligible PPP Lender Near You
- Municipal Liquidity Facility Overview
- Federal Reserve: Municipal Liquidity Facility FAQ
- Main Street Lending Program Overview
- Federal Reserve: Main Street Lending Program FAQ
- Corporate Credit Facility Overview
- Federal Reserve: Corporate Credit Facility FAQ
- Economic Development Administration (EDA) Grants
- Community Development Block Grants
- Airport Grants
- NEW: Guide to Payroll Tax Relief
- Section-by-Section Summary of Business Tax Provisions
- General Coronavirus-Related Tax Benefits
- IRS: Payroll Tax Deferral FAQ
- IRS: Employee Retention Credit FAQ
- Sen. Chuck Grassley: Employee Retention Credit FAQ
- Information on Payroll Tax Relief from the IRS will be posted here when available
- Find Out What Benefits are Available in Your State
- Coronavirus Resources from the Department of Labor
- Short-Time Compensation Programs
- Unemployment Provisions from the CARES Act
- Unemployment Insurance
- Paid Leave Benefits
Click here to find lenders available by state and region from the Small Business Administration.
WEBINAR: Alejandro Contreras, director of preparedness, communication and coordination at the Small Business Administration (SBA) joined U.S. Travel's government relations team on Tuesday April 28, for a webinar breaking down relief options that are available for DMOs. You can watch the full recording or review the slide deck.
WEBINAR: On Thursday April 9, U.S. Travel's government relations team hosted a webinar for DMOs on how to navigate the CARES Act.
WEBINAR: On Monday March 30, U.S. Travel's government relations team hosted a webinar detailing what the CARES Act means for the travel industry. You can watch the full recording or review the slide deck.
Page last updated May 12, 2020