The travel industry, in collaboration with health and medical experts, established a core set of health and safety guidance that the industry may adapt to their businesses.
The guidance aims to provide consistency in the approach to safety employed by travel brands and destinations during the customer experience. It not only directly responds to the current threats of COVID-19 but also prepares our industry to handle future threats that may arise. The guidance is updated to reflect the latest science-based recommendations and contains the following key themes:
Create transmission barriers to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission
Enhance sanitation and implement procedures designed to combat the spread of viruses
Promote health screening by adopting screening procedures to monitor employee symptoms and increase health and safety awareness for customers
Follow food and beverage service guidance to promote the health of employees and customers
Contributing Organizations: These organizations show their support of this travel industry guidance. These organizations and their members represent the majority of the $2.6 trillion U.S. travel industry.
The health and safety of customers is the number one priority of every travel business. U.S. Travel maintains a robust toolkit—available industrywide—to communicate the shared responsibility of a healthy and safe travel experience, especially when it comes to vaccination.
Join Us On Social: Share This Graphic
Health and Safety Related Webinars:
- January 21 | Exploring the Impact of the COVID-19 Vaccine on the Recovery of Travel: View the recording and slides
- November 12 | The Role of COVID-19 Testing in the Recovery of Travel: View the recording and slides
- June 25 | The Shared Responsibility of Traveler Health and Safety: View the recording
- June 4 | Best Practices for Communicating Health and Safety Guidance at Businesses: View the recording and slides
- May 28 | A Phased Reopening: Operating and Communicating New Safety Guidance: View the recording and slides
- May 7 | Assessing Uncertainty Through Safety: New Guidance for the Travel Industry: View the recording and slides
Tori Emerson Barnes
EVP, Public Affairs and Policy
VP, Marketing and Industry Communications